Send a short message to all channels on your television. There may be a delay before the message appears on your TV. Get Support
“COLLEGE BASKETBALL FLYAWAY SWEEPSTAKES”
SPONSORED BY AT&T SERVICES, INC.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “College Basketball Flyaway Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 10:00 AM CT on January 6, 2012 and ends at 11:00 PM CT on March 5, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received and or postmarked by March 5, 2012. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Entrants who are 18 but have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (“Minors”) must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Employees, agents, directors of AT&T Services, Inc. (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), and The Marketing Arm Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prize (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry. There is a limit of a total of eleven (11) entries per person, regardless of entry method. These eleven entries can be achieved via either one or a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with any entry method are specified below.
To Enter Via Text Messaging: Using your mobile phone, submit your entry by texting one (1) of the four (4) keywords listed below for the applicable college of your choice to “51234”.
There is a limit of one (1) entry via this initial text message entry method. Entry via this method constitutes consent by the entrant to receive text alerts about the college basketball team associated with the college specified keyword selected by entrant for Sweepstakes entry.
Univ. of Alabama TIDE BAMAFAN BAMA BAMAFF
Univ. of Arkansas HOGS ARKFAN RBACKS ARKFF
Boston College EAGLES BCFAN BC BCFF
Univ. Cal-Berkeley BEARS CALFAN CAL CALFF
Univ. of Connecticut HUSKIES UCFAN UCONN UCFF
Florida State Univ. NOLES NOLESFAN SEMINOLES NOLESFF
Univ. of Georgia DAWGS UGAFAN GA UGAFF
Georgia Tech GTECH GTFAN BUZZ GTFF
Univ. of Kansas JAYHAWKS KUFAN KANSAS KUFF
Univ. of Michigan GOBLUE UMFAN UMICH UMFF
Univ. of Missouri TIGERS MIZZOUFAN MIZZOU MIZZOUFF
Miss. State Univ. COWBELL MSUFAN MSU MSUFF
Univ. of Oklahoma SOONERS OUFAN OU OUFF
Univ. of Oregon DUCKS UOFAN UO UOFF
Penn State LIONS PSUFAN PSTATE PSUFF
Rutgers State Univ. of NJ KNIGHTS RUFAN RUTGERS RUFF
Syracuse University ORANGE SUFAN SYRACUSE SUFF
Univ. of Texas HORNS UTFAN TEXAS UTFF
Texas Tech RAIDERS TTUFAN TTU TTUFF
Univ. of Southern Cal. TROJANS USCFF USC USCFF
After entry is received a text message will be sent to your mobile phone and entrant will receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes.
To Receive Additional Entries Via Text Messaging: Once entrant has entered the Sweepstakes as specified above, entrant can receive up to an additional ten (10) entries by answering the Final Four® basketball text messaging trivia questions (“Trivia Questions”) that will be sent to entrant via two (2) mobile text messages during the Sweepstakes Period. Each of the two mobile text messages will include five (5) Trivia Questions. If entrant answers the first set of five Trivia Questions, entrant will receive five (5) additional entries into Sweepstakes. Entrant will then receive another five (5) Trivia Questions. If entrant answers the second set of five Trivia Questions, entrant will receive an additional five (5) entries into Sweepstakes. These additional ten (10) entries are not contingent on entrant providing the correct answers to the Trivia Questions. Entrant must “opt-in” to receive these Trivia Questions in order to be eligible to receive any additional entries via this method.
In order to submit any entry by text message, entrant must (i) have a plan with a wireless carrier that includes a text messaging service; and (ii) use a wireless device that is capable of two way text messaging. This method of entry may not be available in all areas of the U.S. at all times during the Sweepstakes Period. This method of entry may cease to be available to entrant in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by entrant’s wireless carrier. Message and data rates may apply. Please contact your service provider for pricing plans and service availability. Sponsor is not responsible for charges entrants may incur as a result of wireless phone transmissions.
You will receive 12-15/msg/mo. and 1 to 10 additional messages if you participate in Trivia Questions. Text STOP to cancel. Text HELP for help. Msg & Data rates may apply. For more information call 866 491 0129. Content may not be available on all carriers. This program is available on the following carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, Boost, Cellular South, Centennial Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, Nextel, nTelos Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile.
To Enter By Mail: Print your full name, phone number, email address and mailing address on a 3” x 5” card, insert card in an envelope, affix proper postage and mail to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: “College Basketball Flyaway Sweepstakes”, #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452. Each entry must be mailed separately. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries. Mail entries must be postmarked by March 5, 2012 and received by March 10, 2012. There is a limit of eleven (11) entries via this method of entry.
There is a limit of eleven (11) entries per person, regardless of method of entry. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than eleven entries, only eleven entries will count. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning text message entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the mobile phone used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber for mobile phone entries is defined as the natural person whose name the mobile phone was issued to and to whom the services are billed. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prize: The Winner (hereinafter defined) will receive: (a) a trip for the Winner and three (3) guests of Winner (“Guest” or “Guests”), to New Orleans, LA (“Destination”) to attend the 2012 NCAA® Men’s Final Four® (“Event”), currently scheduled to take place on March 31 through April 2, 2012, but subject to change. The trip will include: (i) round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and Guests which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near Winner’s primary residence to Destination, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,250; (ii) four (4) nights hotel accommodations in Destination for Winner and Guests which will be two (2) standard rooms based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), with an ARV of $2,400; (iii) four (4) tickets to both sessions of Event, with an ARV of $1,200; and (iv) one (1) $300 Pre-Paid MasterCard gift card [Pre-paid MasterCard gift cards are good for one (1) year from date of issue and are redeemable wherever MasterCard is accepted], collectively (the “Prize” or “Prizes”). The total ARV of the Prize is $6,150. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Winner resides within 100 miles of Destination and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
Winner and Guests must travel on the same itinerary. If Winner or a Guest is a Minor, he or she must be accompanied by his or her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his or her own expenses unless deemed to be the Winner or a Guest.
Choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and Guests are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded. Prize dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner will be selected in a random manner from amount the remaining Eligible Entries.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) Winner selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about March 8, 2012. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries.
7. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prizes, the potential Winner must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor), within three (3) days of issuance of documentation from Administrator or Sponsor: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release releasing Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a publicity release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and Publicity Release. When such documentation is properly executed
and potential Winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner (“Winner”). Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation.
s participating in Prize with Winner will also be required to sign (the Guest’s parent or legal guardian if a Guest is a Minor), a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential Winners documentation as provided in these Official Rules within three (3) days of issuance. If potential Winner and Guests do not sign such documentation within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited and an alternate Winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries. If the Winner or a Guest is a Minor, he or she must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian and such parent or legal guardian must pay his or her own expenses unless he or she is the Winner or a Guest as applicable. If Winner chooses not to take a, or if a Guest does not sign the documentation as provided in these Official Rules within the time frame specified then the Guest elements of the Prize will be forfeited and the other elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to award the Prize. Prize will be forfeited if a Guest (or any parent or legal guardian acting on behalf of Winner or a Guest) fails to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winner and Guests agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner and Guests acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner and Guests (or any parent or legal guardian acting on behalf of Winner or a Guest) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize that Winner or Guests deem appropriate.
8. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be on or about March 31, 2012, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner or a Guest. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or a Guest who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation; meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, departure taxes and fees, and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prize, are solely Winner’s responsibility. Prizes are provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize and any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize, including all travel arrangements, will be made by Administrator.
Winner must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded if the actual value of Prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion the airline and hotel to be provided as part of the Prize. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Winner or a Guest is not available or able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Winner and Guest’s privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries if time permits. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any element of the Prize or associated with the Prize. Winner and Guests must possess valid travel documents in order to travel.
9. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on http://uverseonline.att.net/sports/sweepstakes/final4-rules if time permits and the Prize will be awarded to a potential Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries received prior to any such event outside of the reasonable control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE TEXAS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
10. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by May 5, 2012. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: “College Basketball Flyaway Sweepstakes”, #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write “Winners List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
11. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AT&T Services, Inc., One AT&T Plaza, 208 S. Akard, Dallas, TX 75202.
12. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800 Dallas, TX 75201.
You must be logged in to perform this action